Emergency Pet Care
We handle pet emergencies at our locations during regular business hours. If you feel your pet is experiencing an emergency, please call us immediately at (865) 986-5450.
After hours, we refer our small animal emergencies to an after-hours emergency hospital:
Animal Emergency & Specialty Center
10213 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, TN 37922
P: (865) 693-4440
Our phone rings to Animal Emergency & Specialty Center when we are closed, so in the event of an emergency, you will be in contact with us or AESC for further assistance and instructions.
When to Bring in Your Pet for Urgent Care
We recommend that you call us immediately if your pet is experiencing any of the following:
- Choking or having difficulty breathing
- Hit by a car or suffered blunt-force trauma of any kind
- Ingested a foreign object such as a toy, sock, or string
- Ingested something poisonous
- Profuse bleeding
- Inability to move or stand
- Unusually warm or cold
- Having a seizure
- Loss of consciousness
- Excessive vomiting and/or severe diarrhea
- Blood in stool
- Unable to pass stool or urinate
When in doubt about your pet’s condition, call us—our team will be more than happy to answer your questions, offer advice, or set up a room so we can see your pet.